Know how to protect yourself from online fraud:
The OFBank website is secure, using GoDaddy Security Certificate for you to verify the authenticity of the site.
At times, it may be necessary for you to verify the authenticity of the OFBank website so you will not be a victim of internet scams (for example, clients will be directed to seemingly legitimate sites then mislead them into providing vital account information to entities not authorized by the Bank).
To view the GoDaddy Security certificate, click on the padlock icon in the url tab of your browser.
The best, safest and recommended way to access the website is by typing https://www.ofbank.com.ph at the browser address bar.
How To Protect Yourself Online
OFBank encourages clients to take part in protecting their account while doing transactions online by ALWAYS doing the following:
1. Ensure that the site is secured before using it:
Always type the complete web address into your browser instead of clicking links. By doing this, you are decreasing the risks of being deluded by a phishing site.
Phishing is the practice of attempting to obtain information (e.g., usernames, passwords, credit card details, Bank account numbers, ATM PIN, etc.) by pretending to represent a legitimate company in an e-mail or websites. The e-mail usually claims that it is necessary for the recipient to update and provide the information in the link or form attached in the e-mail. The criminals then use the information entered on the phishing site or form for their own fraudulent intentions.
Official URL of OFBank website: https://www.ofbank.com.ph
Ensure that 'https' and the padlock symbol are present in the website. These indicators signify that the site you are entering is genuine and secure. Double click the padlock symbol to verify if the certificate issued is still within its valid dates or if it has been issued to the website you are accessing.
2. Protect your computer from online attacks from viruses, hackers, spywares and other malicious programs by doing the following:
• Install and regularly update your Anti-virus and Anti-spyware Software
• Activate your computer’s firewall settings
• Always update your operating system.
• Do not download files or software from websites which you are not familiar with or from hyperlinks sent by strangers
3. When accessing your account using a public computer or using a public WIFI network, kindly practice the following:
• Never adjust your security details
• Always log-out from your online session once you are finished with your transaction
• Ensure that no one can see your transactions in public
4. Personal information such as address, mother's maiden name, mobile/telephone numbers, social security number, Bank account number and e-mail address should not be disclosed unless the one gathering the information is reliable and trustworthy.
5. Regular checking of transaction history details and statements should be done to ensure that no unauthorized transactions occur.
For other inquiry, you may contact OFBANK through the following:
1. 24/7 Customer Care hotline: For NCR (02) 8-405-7000 or PLDT toll free 1-800-10-405-7000
2. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org